UniversalFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official forums of UniversalFX

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Explosion in After Effects?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sonynintendogamer

sonynintendogamer

Explosion in After Effects? Empty
PostSubject: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:59 pm

How would I make an explosion in After Effects? I am a good editor so I would like a long tutorial. Any help is appreciated!

TY!

PS: No other programs, please. Just AE.
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
God

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:07 pm

ok for this effect it is very difficult but will be easy after practice....

ok i got 2 ways to do this an easy way but would look kinda cheesy but its REALLY quick.

Easy:
Go to www.DetonationFilms.com
then pick an explosion and a fire effect,
import your media such as a simple background or whatever your gonna use, you make that into compostion of your size.
then go to; Layer > New > adjustment layer (an adjustment layer is like a blank transparent layer that you can do whatever you want then if you dont like you cn delete without deleting your actual footage)
then search through the effects until you find curves and add to the adjustment layer, then adjust Curves settings to a very light orangish red.
then mask the adjustment layer in an eliptical shape starting from almost nothing; add a keyframe.
Then expand the eliptical (mask) until its about 50% in your screen (make sure its feathered so that it has a smooth edge); Key frame this about 4-5 seconds from the first keyframe.
Go to compostion Pre-Compose, then its time to bring the explosion into play...
drag in the explostion above your footage then place it wherever you want but the mask must be directly under it.
Now its time to time it (lol)
(make sure that as soon as soon as the explosion starts, that you have the mask following it about 2-5 FRAMES behind it.
you may have to make adjustments.
I recommend you hit F9 to make it a smooth keyframe WHILE keyframing.

Tips; If you want to make it look real good add a shake effect, but dont over exagerate it makes it look bad and amatuer.

-God

P.S. VOTE FOR ME TO BECOME AN OFFICAL EDITOR FOR UNIVERSALFX!!!
Back to top Go down
sonynintendogamer

sonynintendogamer

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 pm

God wrote:
ok for this effect it is very difficult but will be easy after practice....

ok i got 2 ways to do this an easy way but would look kinda cheesy but its REALLY quick.

Easy:
Go to www.DetonationFilms.com
then pick an explosion and a fire effect,
import your media such as a simple background or whatever your gonna use, you make that into compostion of your size.
then go to; Layer > New > adjustment layer (an adjustment layer is like a blank transparent layer that you can do whatever you want then if you dont like you cn delete without deleting your actual footage)
then search through the effects until you find curves and add to the adjustment layer, then adjust Curves settings to a very light orangish red.
then mask the adjustment layer in an eliptical shape starting from almost nothing; add a keyframe.
Then expand the eliptical (mask) until its about 50% in your screen (make sure its feathered so that it has a smooth edge); Key frame this about 4-5 seconds from the first keyframe.
Go to compostion Pre-Compose, then its time to bring the explosion into play...
drag in the explostion above your footage then place it wherever you want but the mask must be directly under it.
Now its time to time it (lol)
(make sure that as soon as soon as the explosion starts, that you have the mask following it about 2-5 FRAMES behind it.
you may have to make adjustments.
I recommend you hit F9 to make it a smooth keyframe WHILE keyframing.

Tips; If you want to make it look real good add a shake effect, but dont over exagerate it makes it look bad and amatuer.

-God

P.S. VOTE FOR ME TO BECOME AN OFFICAL EDITOR FOR UNIVERSALFX!!!

What is the hard way? I don't really like detonationfilms.
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
God

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 pm

the hard way includes vigourous 3D and i figured you dont have bonjour, but you dont have to use detonation films, you could use a different site.
Back to top Go down
sonynintendogamer

sonynintendogamer

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 pm

God wrote:
the hard way includes vigourous 3D and i figured you dont have bonjour, but you dont have to use detonation films, you could use a different site.

Is there a tutorial for the hard way?
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
God

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 pm

no i made it up myself its really hard im not even kidding, there is a way to do it virtually but it wont come out right.
you would have to mess with in after effects like;

2D fogg
Shatter
LOTS OF MASKING
LOTS OF COLOR CORRECTING!

I'll try to find out an exact way to do it.

but you should try and figureing it out with those primary concepts
Back to top Go down
sonynintendogamer

sonynintendogamer

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 am

God wrote:
no i made it up myself its really hard im not even kidding, there is a way to do it virtually but it wont come out right.
you would have to mess with in after effects like;

2D fogg
Shatter
LOTS OF MASKING
LOTS OF COLOR CORRECTING!

I'll try to find out an exact way to do it.

but you should try and figureing it out with those primary concepts

Aight thanks man
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
God

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 am

no problem bra if you need anything message me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosion in After Effects?   Explosion in After Effects? Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosion in After Effects?
Page 1 of 1